1st Prize Rs. 300,000 2nd Prize Rs. 200,000 3rd Prize Rs. 100,000
Merit Prize Rs. 50,000
1. This competition is only for Pakistani citizens resident in Pakistan
2. Artist must be between 25 to 40 years of age (born between January 1981 to December 1996)
1. An artist can submit only one painting executed in 2020 or 2021.
2. Any image digitally or mechanically produced and drawings only (graphite/charcoal/ pencil, etc.) will NOT be included in this competition.
3. Paintings selected for display should be submitted properly framed or mounted (ready for display on wall).
4. Artist should not have won the 1st, 2nd or 3rd prize in previous APA competitions.
Submit the image of your painting by Sunday 06 June 2021 with fee, CNIC and face photo
(a) the IMAGE of your painting by 06 June 2021
(b) Rs. 1000 PROCESSING FEE. This fee should be submitted through:
> online bank transfer/ATM transfer or direct deposit in
Account title: Gallery 6
Account number: 04611005998949
Bank Alfalah, Super Market, F-6, Islamabad
> Easy Paisa transaction on cell number 0311 8990345 (Ahmad Buksh)
(c) your CNIC copy, and
(d) high resolution coloured PHOTO OF THE FACE.
These submissions are to be made through the application form. Link to the submission form is given below at the end.
Submission of the original painting:
First round of judgement will take place in mid-June to shortlist best 30 – 50 entries and the results will be announced on Facebook. Those selected will have to submit their original paintings within the given date to the given place through courier or in person. We plan to hold the Exhibition and Award Ceremony in July 2021 (depending on the COVID pandemic situation)
1. Objective and transparent criteria for judgement have been defined. The decision of the judges will be final.
2. Best possible care will be taken for the paintings; however, organizers will not be responsible for any damage during shipment, storage or display.
3. Only the selected paintings by the jury will be displayed in a well-publicized show.
4. All displayed paintings will be for sale. Artists will be given 60% of the selling price of the painting, when sold. Winners of cash prizes will present their paintings to the Gallery 6 as their contribution to the APA 2021.
5. Paintings delivered in person will have to be collected in person on notification. Those sent through courier will be returned through courier.
6. Gallery may keep any painting for display and sale after the exhibition up to 6 months. Others will be returned within 4-6 weeks after the end of the exhibition.
7. Efforts will be made to promote the artists by promoting use of the images of their paintings by sponsor or other organizations. Hence, the image of any submitted painting can be used for calendars, diaries, and any other promotional materials.
Submit the APPLICATION FORM through the link below with image of painting, processing fee, CNIC and face photo by 06 June 2021
Send the application form as soon as you are ready and DO NOT WAIT till the last date. Click the link below to access the form.
For any queries
Send email to [email protected] or call 051 2825738 between 12 noon to 6 pm.