This year APA is being held as a component of Islamabad Art Festival 2019
1st Prize Rs. 200,000
2nd Prize Rs. 150,000
3rd Prize Rs. 100,000
Merit Prize Rs. 50,000
(*Prize will be given after deducting withholding tax )
1. This competition is only for Pakistani citizens resident in Pakistan
2. Artist must be between 25 to 40 years of age (born between January 1979 to December 1994)
1. An artist can submit only one painting executed not before January 2018
2. Preferable surfaces are canvas and paper
3. Preferable mediums are oil paints, acrylics, watercolour, pastels, gouaches or mix media using these.
4. Any image digitally or mechanically produced and drawings only (graphite/charcoal/ pencil, etc.) will not be included in this competition.
5. The painting size should not be less than 12 x 12 inches and should not be more than 48 x 72 inches.
6. Paintings selected for display should be submitted properly framed or mounted (ready for display on the wall).
7. The painting should be for sale.
8. The artist should not have won the 1st, 2nd or 3rd prize in previous APA competitions. Those who have won merit awards can participate.
DUE DATE FOR PAINTING IMAGE SUBMISSION:
Submit an image of your painting to enter the competition by 30 September 2019
With this, you will have to submit Rs. 500 processing fee. This could be submitted through easy paisa/jazz mobile transaction, online banking or deposited directly in any branch of Alfalah Bank in the Gallery account:
Account Title: Gallery 6, Account Number: 04611005998949
Bank Alfalah Ltd, F-6 Markaz Branch, Islamabad
Easy paisa/Jazz etc. transactions to be made to the Gallery Manager (Umair Iftikhar), cell # 0331 5313283
With the image of the painting, you also have to submit
(a) your CNIC scan, and
(b) coloured photograph.
These submissions are to be made through the application email given below at the end.
SUBMISSION OF ORIGINAL PAINTING:
The first round of judgement will take place in early October to shortlist 50 entries, and the results will be announced on Facebook by mid-October. Those selected will have to submit their paintings between 20 to 30 October 2019 at Gallery 6 Islamabad, through courier or in person. The exhibition will be held with Islamabad Art Festival being organized by PNCA in November 2019.
1. Renowned art teachers/critics have been selected to judge the award and objective criteria for judgement have been defined. Their decision will be final.
2. Best possible care will be taken for the paintings; however, organizers will not be responsible for any damage during shipment, storage or display.
3. Only the selected paintings by the jury (about 30 -50) will be displayed in a well-publicized show at Gallery 6 in November 2019 during Islamabad Art Fest19.
4. All displayed paintings will be for sale. Artist will be given 60% of the selling price of the painting when sold. Winners of cash prizes will present their paintings to the Gallery 6 as their contribution to the APA 2019.
5. Paintings delivered in person will have to be collected in person on notification. Those sent through courier will be returned through courier.
6. The gallery may keep any painting for display and sale after the exhibition up to 6 months. Others will be returned within 4-6 weeks after the end of the exhibition.
7. Efforts will be made to promote the artists by promoting the use of the images of their paintings by a sponsor or other organizations. Hence, image of any submitted painting can be used for calendars, diaries, and any other promotional materials during 2020.
8. Prize money will be presented after deduction of withholding tax
Submit the application with the following four items by 30 September 2019.
(1) High resolution image of the painting
(2) CNIC photocopy (for verifying birth date)
(3) High resolution coloured formal portrait photograph of artist showing face clearly
(4) Transfer receipt of Rs. 500 processing fee (transaction id if sent through mobile transfer, receipt image if sent via online banking, scan of deposit slip if deposited in Alfalah Bank)
These 4 documents MUST be sent as attachments with the application.
Send the application as soon as you are ready and DO NOT WAIT till the last date. To submit the application, click the link below:
FOR ANY QUERIES
Send an email to [email protected] or call 051 2825738 (11 am to 7 pm)