Four Cash Prizes
(1) Soneri Bank 1st Prize Rs. 200,000
(2) Bestway Cement 2nd Prize Rs. 150,000
(3) Tapal Tea 3rd Prize Rs. 100,000
(4) Adcom Leo Burnett Merit Prize Rs. 50,000
1. This competition is only for Pakistani citizens resident in Pakistan
2. Artist must be between 25 to 40 years of age (born between April 1977 to April 1992)
3. Participant should minimally have a bachelor's degree or equivalent in any subject (BFA, BA, BSc, BCom, BBA, or equivalent)
1. An artist can submit only one painting, which should have been executed not earlier than January 2016.
2. Preferable surfaces are canvas and paper (we expect that artists will select archival quality surface).
3. Preferable mediums are oil paints, acrylics, water colour, pastels, gouaches or mix media (we expect that artists will select archival quality mediums).
4. Any image digitally or mechanically produced will not be included in this competition.
5. The painting should be at least 12 x 12 inches in size.
6. All paintings should be properly framed or mounted (ready for display on wall).
7. The work should be for sale.
8. Photocopies of NIC (for noting birth date) and bachelor’s degree is required.
9. Artist should not have won the 1st, 2nd or 3rd prize in previous APA award.
Last Date for Submission of Documents Through Email:
(1) NIC photocopy
(2) degree photocopy
(3) high resolution image of the painting
(4) high resolution coloured portrait photograph of artist
(5) Rs. 500 bank deposit receipt.
These 5 documents MUST be sent as attachments to the email by 14 April 2017. The email from participant should be the following:
I _________________________________ (put your FULL name here) am sending all the 5 required documents with this email. My painting title is _____________________ size is ______ (height) x ______ (width) inches, medium is _____________________ and selling price is Rs. _______________ which includes 35% gallery commission.
My highest dregree is _____________ (MFA, BFA, BA, BSc, BCom, BBA, etc) acquired in the year ________ from ________________________ (write name of the institution).
Fill all the above 9 blanks and send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Date for Submission of Painting in Person or Through Courier:
Painting must be delivered in person or through courier to Gallery 6 between 02 to 07 May 2017. Paintings will not be accepted before or after this date.
1. Renowned art teachers/critics have been selected to judge the award and objective criteria for judgement have been defined. Their decision will be final.
2. Best possible care will be taken for the paintings; however, organizers will not be responsible for any damage during shipment, storage or display.
3. Rs. 500 must be submitted by each participant in any branch of Alfalah Bank in the Gallery account as return fee. Bank details are given below.
4. Only the selected paintings by the jury (maximum 50) will be displayed in a well-publicized show at Gallery 6 in May 2017.
5. All displayed paintings will be for sale. Artist will be given 65% of the selling price of the painting, when sold (except prize winning paintings).
6. Paintings of high quality may be kept at the gallery for display and sale after the exhibition up to 6 months. Others will be returned within 4-6 weeks after the end of the exhibition.
7. Efforts will be made to promote the artists by promoting use of the images of their paintings by sponsors. Hence, image of any submitted painting can be used by sponsors of the award for calendars, diaries, and any other promotional materials during 2017 and 2018.
8. Winners of cash prizes will present their paintings to the Gallery 6 as their contribution to the APA 2017.
Bank Details for Depositing Rs. 500:
Rs. 500 fee can be deposited in any branch of Bank Alfalah Limited in any city by using the following account details:
Account Title: Gallery 6
Account Number: 0403-1004102960
Bank Alfalah Ltd
G-8 Markaz Branch, Islamabad